Spring Hunter-Jumper Horse Shows 2013
Our Willowbrook Spring horse shows were created for competitors to hone their riding skills, and trainers who want to
familiarize their students with show competition with professional judges
in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Our shows have produced much enthusiasm particularly
among beginner competitors of all ages. For 2013 we will offer four
Hunter-Jumper shows with Daily and Series Awards by division.
Print a Class List ->Spring Show Hunter-Jumper Classes 2013.pdf
Print an Entry Form ->Spring Show Hunter-Jumper Show Entry Form 2013.pdf
Ticketed Warm-Up begins at 7:00 am
Classes commence at 7:30 am
1. Beginner Jumpers .70m (23") Table II sec. B Open
2. Beginner Jumpers .70m (23") Table II sec. b Open
3. Beginner Jumpers .70m (23") Table II sec. c Open
4. Hopeful Jumpers .80m (26) Table II sec. b Open
5. Hopeful Jumpers .80m (26) Table II sec. b Open
6. Hopeful Jumpers .80m (26) Table II sec. c Open
7. *WRC Mini Prix 85m (29) Table II sec. a Open
8. Modified Jumpers .85m (29) Table II sec. b Open
9. Modified Jumpers .85m (29) Table II sec. b Open
10. Modified Jumpers .85m (29) Table II sec. c Open
11. Pre Training Jumpers .90m (3) Table II sec. b Open
12. Pre Training Jumpers .90m (3) Table II sec. b Open
13. Pre Training Jumpers .90m (3) Table II sec. c Open
Further Classes not to start before 9:30 (likely 10:30)
14. *GSDHJA 3 Medal J/A
15. *GSDHJA Flat Medal J/A
16. IEHJA/USHJA/WRC 29 Medal J/A members/non-mem
17. Jr/Am Rider Hunters Over Fences 29" JR/AM
18. Jr/Am Rider Hunt Equit Ov Fences 29" JR/AM
19. Jr/Am Rider Equitation JR/AM
20. Jr/Am Rider Hunters Under Saddle JR/AM
21. Walk-Trot Cross Rail Hunter Once Around 12" JR/AM
22. *Walk-Trot Cross Rail Equit Once Around 12" JR/AM
23. Walk-Trot Trot Pleasure JR/AM
24. Walk-Trot Equitation JR/AM
25. Walk-Trot Hunter Under Saddle JR/AM
26. Walk-Trot Obedience JR/AM
27. Walk-Trot Over Rails JR/AM
28. *Walk-Trot Equitation Over Rails Once Around JR/AM
29. Cross Rail Hunter Over Fences 18" (trot or canter) Open
30. Cross Rail Hunter Twice Around 18" (trot or canter) Open
31. Cross Rail Hunter Under Saddle (trot or canter) Open
32. Cross Rail Hunters Twice Around 18" (trot or canter) JR/AM
33. Cross Rail Hunters Over Fences 18" (trot or canter) JR/AM
34. Cross Rail Equit Over Fences (trot or canter) 18" JR/AM
35. Cross Rail Equitation JR/AM
36. Cross Rail Hunter Under Saddle JR/AM
37. Cross Rail Pleasure JR/AM
38. *Lead Line Equitation 8 & Under
39. *Lead Line Equitation Over Rails 8 & Under
40. *Lead Line in Hand Safety Class 8 & Under
41. Green Rider Hunter Over Fences 20" JR/AM
42. Green Rider Equit Over Fences 20" JR/AM
43. Green Rider Equitation JR/AM
44. Green Rider Hunter Under Saddle JR/AM
45. IEHJA/WRC Flat Medal J/A members/non-members
46. Short Stirrup Hunter Over Fences 23" 12 & under
47. Short Stirrup Equit Over Fences 23" 12 & under
48. Short Stirrup Equitation JR/AM 12 & under
49. Short Stirrup Hunter Under Saddle 12 & under
50. Long Stirrup Hunter Over Fences 23" 13-17
51. Long Stirrup Equit Over Fences 23" 13-17
52. Long Stirrup Equitation 13-17
53. Long Stirrup Hunter Under Saddle 13-17
54. Rusty Stirrup Hunter Over Fences 23" 18 & over
55. Rusty Stirrup Equit Over Fences 23" 18 & over
56. Rusty Stirrup Equitation JR/AM 18 & over
57. Rusty Stirrup Hunter Under Saddle 18 & over
58. IEHJA/USHJA/WRC 23 Medal J/A members/non-mem
59. Baby Green Hunter 23" Open
60. Baby Green Handy Hunter 26 Open
61. Baby Green Hunter Under Saddle Open
62. Low Hunter 26" Open
63. Low Handy Hunter 26 Open
64. Low Hunter Under Saddle Open
65. IEHJA/USHJA/WRC 26" Medal J/A members/non-mem
66. *OCHSA 26 Medal Jr/Am
67. *GSDHJA 26 Mini Medal Jr/Am
* Denotes classes not sanctioned by IEHJA
SPRING SHOW SERIES 2013 Daily & Series Hunter/Jumper Awards & Fees
Class Awards: First-place finishers may choose from a
'Table' award or Store Certificate. Medal winners will receive Medals. Ribbons
or cups for 1st through 6th place. In classes with three or less, first place
will receive medallion ribbon. Points are awarded as follows: classes of six or
more entrants, 1st - 6th, 6,5,4,3,2,1; classes of five entrants, 1st - 5th,
Daily Hi-Point Awards: All entrants are automatically eligible for Daily Hunter and Jumper Championship Awards for which they qualify. Daily and Series awards are based on the same qualifying classes (see Qualifying Classes). Daily Hi-Point prizes are chosen from: Monogrammed Arena Bags; Monog. Bridle Bags; Monog. Jumper Pads; Monog. Saddle Covers; Monog. Helmet Covers; Monog. Boot Bags; Monog. Garment Bags; Monog. Grooming Bags; Monog. Halter Bags; Monog. Hay Bags; Monog. Sweat Shirts; Monog. Rucksacks; Engraved Trophy Halters, and more.
Entry Fees: Hunter classes $18; Jumper classes $23; Medal classes $25; Warm-Up Tickets $12; Mini Prix class $25 ($100 to winner - must be minimum 5 entries); Grounds fee - $20/horse; Office fee - $15/entry; Calif. drug fee - $5/horse; IEHJA fee - $2/horse; OCHSA fee - $3/horse; GSDHJA fee - $10/horse; EMT fee - $5/entry; Scratch Fee - $8 per scratch (notice of a class scratch must be made at the office before the previous class commences otherwise the entry fee is charged). Overnight stalls are available on a limited basis and come with preferred parking; box stall $35, outside stalls $25, day stalls $25. (Call early!). All entrants automatically qualify for Daily Hi-point awards for which they are eligible: an optional one/time sign-up fee of $35 qualifies entrants for all Series Championship Awards for which they are eligible. Horses entering the grounds but not the show are subject to a facility fee of $45 per day, plus a waiver of liability must be signed. The person making the entry takes financial responsibility for all fees incurred. An NSF fee of $45 is charged on all returned checks.
Tie-Breaker Rules: Tie-breakers for Daily Hi-Point and Series Championship Awards are as follows: most 'equitation' points determines a tie-winner in; Age-group and Walk-trot. Most under-saddle points determines a tie winner in Low Hunter. Show points earned in previous shows are available on the web at www.horseshowtime.com. Disputes as to points must be made within 30 days of the show (show manager LoriLea Franklin 760-329-7676): competitors should familiarize themselves with our point system above.
Daily and Series Hunter Hi-point/Champion and Reserve Awards - Qualifying Classes
Beginner Jumpers - classes 1, 2, 3.
Hopeful Jumpers - classes 4, 5, 6.
Modified Jumpers - classes 8, 9 10.
Pre-Training Jumpers - classes 11 12 13.
Junior/Amateur Riders - classes 17, 18, 19, 20.
Walk-Trot - classes 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28.
Open Cross-Rail - classes 29, 30, 31.
Cross-Rails Junior/Amateur - classes 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37.
Lead-line 8 & under - classes 38, 39, 40.
Green Rider Jr/Am - classes 41, 42, 43, 44, 45.
Short Stirrup 12 & under - classes 46, 47, 48, 49.
Long Stirrup 13-17 - classes 50, 51, 52, 53.
Rusty Stirrup 18 & over Amateur - classes 54, 55, 56, 57.
Baby Green Hunter - classes 59, 60, 61.
Low Hunter - classes 62, 63, 64.
Special Series Overall Hunter Rider Award added points from any 2 hunter divisions - Henri de Rival close-contact saddle.
Series Awards are selected from Monogrammed Day Sheets and Coolers, Monogrammed Jackets, Monogrammed Bridle Bags, Monogrammed Jumper Pads, Monogrammed Hay Bags and much more.
Series Championship Sign-up: There are four shows in the series. There is a one-time Series sign-up fee of $35 for each horse/rider combination to be eligible for Series championship awards. Points begin to accumulate at the show when the horse/rider signs up. To qualify for series championship awards, entrants must show in two of the four shows in their division. Series Championship Awards are presented at a Pot-luck Party at Willowbrook in June, 2013 (date TBA). In the case of Green Rider, Walk-trot, Cross-rails, Long & Short Stirrup, Overall Hunter rider, and all Lead-line entrants, the series award is based on the rider who may, therefore, change horses from one show to another provided that management is notified, an additional high-point form completed, and an office fee of $20 paid for each additional horse/rider combination. In the case of Baby Green, Low Hunter and Jumper entrants, the series award is based on the horse who may, therefore, be ridden by different exhibitors from one show to another provided that management is notified and an additional high-point form completed, and an office fee of $20 paid for each additional horse/rider combination. Also, within a show, entrants in Baby Green and Low Hunter may have a "ghost" rider collect series and daily points for the horse in any hunter-under-saddle class. Show rules and Classes and Division Specifications are available at www.willowbrookridingclub.com: association class and division specifications are available at www.iehja.org, www.ochsa.org, and www.gsdhja.org.
« click here if you want to send us an email.
** Double-click below to return to the home page **
April 27, 2013